Insurance for International Students
Studying in Canada
Are you a an international student studying in Canada? From a campus flu outbreak to a dental emergency, anything can happen. Getting sick or injured away from the comforts of home can be especially stressful, so you’ll want to know you’re taken care. That’s where our travel insurance for students comes in.
Medical and dental treatments are expensive in Canada and international students often can’t get provincial healthcare. That means if you experience an emergency, you’ll be responsible to pay for any medical care costs while you’re here.
What are my coverage options?
Hospital / Medical Insurance
Our Student Insurance has been tailored to your needs. While it includes important benefits like medical and dental treatment, it also has a number of benefits that go above and beyond emergency medical. So whether you need to get your wisdom teeth pulled, your eyes examined or tutoring services due to hospitalization, you’ll be protected!
- Annual general check-up with a doctor (when you’ve purchased a 365-day policy)
- Non-emergency treatment, directly resulting from a medical emergency
- Pre-natal care
- Impacted wisdom teeth
- Psychiatric/psychological services
- Annual eye examination
- Prescription glasses/ contact lenses/ hearing aids
- Tutorial services when hospitalized for 30 consecutive days or more
You are eligible if:
- You know of no reason for which you may seek medical attention.
- You are: a) foreign worker, or a visitor to Canada (student) with valid legal status in Canada; or, b) An immigrant awaiting provincial or territorial government health care coverage; or, c) A returning Canadian not eligible for a provincial or territorial government health care plan due to an extended leave.
- The expenses you incur result from an acute, sudden and unexpected emergency.
- You are not traveling against a physician’s advice; or,
- You have not been diagnosed with a terminal condition.
- Trip length up to 182 days (which can be extended upon a medical questionnaire)
- 24-Hour Accident Benefit Limit
- Air Flight/Common Carrier Benefit Limit
- Baggage Benefit Limit
- Sum Insured After Departure
- Medical Sum Insured
$50,000.00 to $150,000.00
- Sum Insured Before Departure
$400.00 to $20,000.00